Sunday, August 11, 2013

Happiness Is Not A Destiny, It’s A Choice

Cliche, indeed. True, could be. I don’t know. People say we should cheer up, even in times of distress; think positive, no matter how difficult the situation is; stop thinking too much, we are only creating problem that’s not even there; and believe that, after all, everything’s gonna be all right.
Easier said than done, I say perhaps I’m only trying to quote God-knows-who but basically you get the idea. How can you cheer up when you can’t find a reason to be okay? How can you not think about something that is awfully significant in your life or should I say someone hahahaha? How can you smile when your heart is shattered and all that? I mean, really.
Whenever I feel down, it is not in my vocabulary to pretend to be strong and act like everything’s fine. I cry when I’m hurt, I say it when I’m jealous, I show it when I’m sad, I curse when I’m mad. Chos! Hehe I don’t curse. But seriously I don’t want to fake smiles; to me it is more dramatic and so tear-jerking I could win an Oscar. I’d rather tell the world how miserable I am and lock myself in the room for a week because I want to be alone while I drown myself in tears— and yeah win FAMAS award at least. It’s so hard to “choose” to be happy in the midst of heartache, that’s bovine ordure (unless you are one heartless jellyfish, right?)!
Okay, sure, that has always been my perspective ever since whenever I’m going through things. But I guess, sometimes, there is nothing wrong with trying to be someone you are not, yes? Maybe it’s about time I betray my profound love for pessimism. By all means I’m giving it a try. Dear happiness…
 I choose you :”> hahahaha ansaveh

**
August last year's feels directly lifted from my old blog. What's with August? Why do I get the same old, feels every time? Fast forward to September please!

Love love,
Tala :]

No comments:

Post a Comment