Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Now Showing: The Conjuring

Sabi ko 'di ako manunuod ng The Conjuring. Kahit inaakit pako ng friends ko. Not because I'm scared. Me? Scared? Duh. :p kidding aside, I thought I don't want to watch it 'cos it's too mainstream. Okay, I'm not saying I have anything against mainstream, calm down guys. It's just that The Conjuring-related posts are almost EVERYWHERE on the social media. Is it really that good to get too much attention? Call me skeptical or what, but I'm thinking it's yet another capitalists' 'marketing strategy' that I don't wanna bite. Dati nauso iyong bibili ng ginituang ice cream aka Selecta Magnum sabay post ng picture sa Instagram, Facebook, etc etc. It got a lot of people into purchasing overpriced ice cream that others claim to be but a glorified Pinipig which is about five times cheaper compared to Magnum. So was it worth my fifty pesos? Let's just say I did not buy ginituang ice cream from my own money, thanks to my daddy. =)) and I'm not gonna buy another of it from my own pocket 'cos I'm poor and there are things that are more worthy of my fifty pesos. Another recent hype is Mcdo's McSpicy. Left and right people kept on posting McSpicy pics, saying nice things about it, telling how good it is..and I personally find it effective 'cos I got lured into buying McSpicy myself. =)) PG ba! In the context of the social media age, if you want something to click, aside from the use of conventional tvc, make your product 'trend' on the top social networking sites. I liked McSpicy, btw. :p worth ittt. :)
Obviously, I did watch The Conjuring though I said I won't. :p haha! Call me pacool, kupal or whatever but it really is overrated. Nakakagulat pero 'di naman exagge sa takot!! Kaasar pa 'yong mga nagpopost ng banned daw The Conjuring after two days na showing. May sinapian daw kase habang nanunuod ng The Conjuring sa cinema. May proof ba? May article ba about it? Sneak preview lang naman pala August 12-13 showing. Sasabihin niyo banned. Tsk tsk. From what I read it will be on the cinema tomorrow, Aug. 21. Hmm. Kanina kaming 4 nanuod sa bahay nila Ate Paye, Sis Maymay, Kuya Ron for free. Half na kami sa movie. Biglang sabi ni Ate break nga muna. Bili muna tayong snacks. Bumili sila Ate Paye & Kuya Ron sa labas. Pumasok nako sa kwarto nag check ng Twitter. Dahil turtle mode na naman connection namin, wala lang, napatingin lang ako sa time...

O.O 3:07 PM. shiiit. Takbo ako sa sala. Sigaw pako ng sigaw. Tinatawag ko na si Sis Maymay. Hinde ko pa siya makita kase nag off kami ng ilaw. Wth=)) (pero syempre may screencap pa talaga for this blog's sake..haha). I swear nag panic talaga ko sa 3:07 na time. Imagine there are 1440minutes in a day! What's the probability of a clock striking at 3:07. Ano ba naman 'yong 2 out of 1440 (correct me if I'm wrong..mathematically challenged e:)))! Sakto pa sa panonood ko ng The Conjuring. Sakto pa sa 3:07. Srsly (Ohhh.. hinde pala natakot ah. Haha!). Anyway as I have said it's just okay. Depends on your taste. Whether something's good or not is highly subjective and may vary from one person to another. Will I watch it again? Of course...not. Ayoko nga=)) Gugulatin ko pa sarili ko. Will I recommend it? Watch it on the cinema if you're rich and you have more than enough money to waste. If not, then there are cheaper, more economic ways to watch movies. You know what it is! :)

Love love,
Tala :]

No comments:

Post a Comment